- About Me -
You may run into me at various forums and online communities. I often go by the name 'Jarrod1937', though sometimes by my full name. I also write tech articles and guides on various websites, the topics covered vary.
EducationCurrently i am double majoring in Mathematics and Electrical Engineering (may triple major in physics).
Some highlights of my education so far:
- Linear Algebra (vector and general analysis via matrix math)
- Differential Equations (aka Analysis)
- Basic education in classical and quantum physics (working toward more advanced education in this area)
- C/C++ programming as it applies to an engineering discipline.
EmploymentFrom 2006-Current I have been employed by Factory Direct Craft Supply (Site).
Main Tasks include:
- Graphic Artist
- Network Administrator/Computer Repair
- Web Designer
- Web Programming (php)
- Search Engine Optimizing
- Website Usability Optimizing
- Online Marketing (SEM, SEO, Ads)
- Database Administration And Optimizing
- Desktop application development
From 2002-04 I worked at GSN as an Office Assistant
I am continually learning new skills, but some of my major current skills include:
- Website Conversion Rate and Usability Testing Through AB and Multivariant Testing.
- Advanced Computer Repair, Both Hardware and Software.
- Computer Data Recovery and Security (secure data erasal, encryption...etc).
- Advanced Hard Drive Repair (platter swaps, head replacements...etc).
- Web Programming, PHP Based.
- Building Dynamic Website Content
- Building Dynamic Customer Targeted Website Content
- Programming for and designing web based API's (SOAP/WSDL... and others).
- Display Technology Calibration (setting of correct grayscale/gamma/color gamut/contrast/brightness calibration based on standards).
- Advanced Sound System Calibration and Room Treatment Placements (by use of correct band absorbers and diffusers in conjunction with an RTA setup for analysis).
- Website Search Engine Optimization (based on general understandings of machine data mining and interpretation, as well as specific implementations, aka google).
- Advanced Photoshop Use and Editing, In Conjunction With Wacom Tablet Use.
- Understanding Of Real-time 3d Rendering Techniques and Technologies and Building Realistic 3d Environments That Perform Fast.
- Understanding of Non-Real-time 3d Technologies and Building Realistic Environments and/or Logos.
- Understanding of Skeletal 3d Animation.
- Database administration (MySQL, MS SQL Server...etc).
- Experience With Setting up and Maintaining Virtual Servers (Vmware based).
- Experience with SSH and Linux Based Servers for Remote Configuration (In particular Redhat Enterprise running Apache).
- Experience with Setting up IIS for basic operation.
Skills and Projects in Progress:
- Currently learning more advanced C++
- Currently learning Microsoft Exchange
- Currently learning advanced network security testing (penetration testing)
- Currently learning Electrical Engineering (admittedly a more long term goal)
- Currently researching and planning a build for a Farnsworth Fusor (Fusion reactor, though not viable as a power source, good for neutron production).
|All Content Copyright Jarrod Christman - 2015